For good quality diesel generators look no further.
They are based in Pretoria South Africa, and you can rely on the Best quality and workmanship.
All about Engines and Generators!
Engines is an internal combustion engine, a prime mover in which fuel is burnt in the working cylinder or in a separate chamber in direct communication with the cylinder. This is a form of internal combustion engine which use a piston-connecting rod-crank system to convert the heat energy released by the combustion of a fuel-air mixture into mechanical work.
By Indigo Studios
Internal combustion engines may be classified in several ways of which the broadest are as follows:
1) The Heat cycle - Constant Volume or Constant pressure.
2) The mechanical cycle - Four-stroke, Two-stroke, Rotary.
3) Single Acting or Double - Acting
4) Trunk Piston type or Piston Rod and Cross-head
5) Method of Cooling - Air, or liquid cooled.
6) Cylinder Arrangement _ Line, vee, radial, horizontal, vertical, opposed piston and H - types.
7) Type and arrangement of Valves used - Overhead or side poppet valves: sleeve, rotary, or ported cylinders.
8) Method of Fireing - Spark ignited or Compression ignition.
9) Induction Pressure - Unsupercharged (naturally aspirated), and supercharged (pressure charged)
10) Fuels used - Gas (town, producer, methane, sludge), volatile liquids (petrol, alcohol, benzene and kerosene), non-volatile fuels (heavy oils and distillates), solid fuel (coal-dust)
11) Method of injection of fuel oil - Air blast or "solid" injection.
12) Design of the combustion chamber for compression ignition engines - direct injection (low swirl), hot bulb low compression, precombustion chamber, compression swirl chamber.
13) High, medium and low speed types - the first being generally of lighter and more refined design whilst the last are very heavy; and, either of cheaper and simpler construction, or intended for a very long working life.
14) Application - Aircraft, automobile, stationary, marine.